- I find it difficult to organize my time.
- People constantly ask me why I do not remember what I read.
- I find it hard to stay in one place.
- And if I fail my exams, what will I do next.
Problems like these worry many children and increase dramatically the stress levels. In a demanding era where everyday life is overrun by pressure, education programs for a child’s stress management contribute in its effective treatment.
What is Stress management?
The stress management process aims to successfully control the charged emotional state of each and every child, which can be derived from various psych-suppressing situations of the everyday life. The acquired skills allow for optimum performance of the child whichever his/her inclination is, whether it concerns school environment or personal matters.
The goal of stress management is to learn to control our anxiety under pressure (e.g. demanding classes, heavy homework, demanding teachers, organizing difficulties of the daily program, etc.) so as to maximize his/her performance.
Individual and / or Collective Encounters.
1. Individual stress management meetings: for each child (or teenager) who wishes to better manage the stress of everyday life.
2. Stress Management Groups exam: for each student who is under examination processes (e.g. national exams, etc. language degrees). Many studies have revealed that exams are one of the major stressors for young people.
The stress management is conducted in the form of individual meetings (duration 45 minutes), in which students are trained following modern methods of stress management and biofeedback.
- Stress management teams are conducted on a monthly basis in the form of interactive seminars, for a total of eight meetings annually. The duration of these interactive seminars is one hour and each group consists of 4-6 people.
What do we achieve in managing stress:
- Improve performance - functionality
- Reduce dysfunctions associated with stress
- Improve the learning process
- Develop self-awareness
- Assess the subjective capacity for relaxation
- Develop the capacity for relaxation
- Develop the ability to keep calm and perform under pressure
- Organize of the daily program
- Better time management