Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Is unable to concentrate on what he/she does?
- Is very impulsive?
- Shows intense hyperactivity?
- Constantly gets distracted in the classroom.
- He/She cannot sit in place for a while.
In recent years more and more common issues like the aforementioned affect both parents and teachers. Children experiencing similar difficulties are usually faced with what is scientifically known as ADHD.
What is ADHD?
The Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) – international term- is one of the most common neurobiological disorders of childhood, which is continuing at a significant rate during adulthood.
Early diagnosis and intervention so that the child can be exempted from the above difficulties as early as possible, in order to be functional in his/her everyday obligations.
In Focus Lab we treat ADHD working with the most innovative and modern methods (Biofeedback) under the aegis of C.B.E.P.
The treatment program includes:
- New methods supported by electronic devices and sophisticated software –Biofeedback.
- Classic and proven methods of Ergotherapy.
What we are working on by intervening in ADHD
Improvement of ADHD means:
- Concentrate easier and faster
- Read faster
- Remember more/easier
- Perform better in whatever I do
- Gain more knowledge during the courses in the classroom
- Improve the learning process
- Reduce stress (i.e. if you had time to do something)